Sunday, November 23, 2008

thoughts for the day



My brother raced in the "Tecate SCORE Baja 1000" as part of a four man motorbike team. It was strange to watch the little marker on the map move around the trail. We realized that we didn't know enough about what the race was and when he was riding. It was all thanks to GPS that we could see the progress. I went on Google Earth and was able to see the terrain he was riding on and get a good idea what the country was like. I also watched some of the videos posted and was amazed at how many people were on the side lines. I am amazed at how much worse it seemed to what I imagined it to be. I hope they had fun.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, Kristy! We are big fans of the Baja races here. My Parker has a video called "Dust to Glory." It's pretty wild.

A place where I can put thoughts and pictures for my family and friends. I will also share some of the effects having Multiple Chemical Syndrome has had on my life. MCS has been described as a chronic disease caused by an intolerance (lack of the substance needed for digestion) to an environmental chemical. Then other chemicals can and do start building up in the body. The different chemical effect people differently and can cause secondary damage to your organs if not taken care of.