Monday, December 8, 2008

I decided to put my updates on here.


Kristy’s update, December 5, 2008
Sorry it's been such a long time, but when I don't feel well it's hard to have the energy to sit down and type. Not that I'm typing this. I got in program that does speech recognition, but it's not very good. I have to edit what you put down and have others read and edit it too.
I went back to the alternative doctor that diagnosed me yesterday. His tests showed that my adrenal glands, and thyroid was both major problems, which to me was good news that it is not my major organs that are the main problem anymore and they seem to be functioning. We are now starting to deal with the more minor major organs. Which kind sounds kind of funny, but to me, that means that I really am getting better and that there is really hope for recovery.
After school full-time last year and a very busy and hectic summer I got very sick. I got to the point of exhaustion where it was hard to move some days. Yesterday, my doctor put it, as a car that is running on the red light for their fuel tank. He was amazed that I was functioning as well as I was and that I could even do the things I am doing. He said that we need to work on filling my tank before I could think about detoxing the chemicals out of my body some more. He said it would take time for it is a slow process.
Thanksgiving was really nice spending Thursday, just with my mother and then Sunday with my family. It is nice to be good friends with my mother. I'm very thankful that she allows me to live with her while I recover. I am also thankful for all my family and friends that continue to be there for me while I have been so ill. Some days I realize how sick I really was and still am.
Thank you.

No comments:

A place where I can put thoughts and pictures for my family and friends. I will also share some of the effects having Multiple Chemical Syndrome has had on my life. MCS has been described as a chronic disease caused by an intolerance (lack of the substance needed for digestion) to an environmental chemical. Then other chemicals can and do start building up in the body. The different chemical effect people differently and can cause secondary damage to your organs if not taken care of.